Thursday, August 21, 2014

9:21 PM - No comments

欢迎光临 (" 'sup, nerds")

Yo!

Name's Sophia, I'm 18 years old (allegedly an adult) and I'm moving to Shanghai, China in two weeks!

Dang.

So, recap: in a number of days that I can count on both hands and one foot, I'm going to travel across the world to study Chinese for one year at Shanghai Jiao Tong University. This blog is going to be all about my magical adventures as a huge dork in a strange land. I just need a stretchy yellow dog.

Since I enjoy blogging and have made a number of moderately (un)successful attempts in the past, what better moment would there be to start again? This way, everybody who wants to stalk me can do so, and I can keep myself occupied when I arrive in Shanghai alone and friendless, erm, I mean while I'm adjusting to my new life.

In this first post I'm going to set a goal for this blog: to post consistently until my year in China is over. This might mean every other day or it might mean once every other week, only time will tell. Besides my daily escapades, I'll try to keep the blog updated with stuff about China and the Chinese language, as well as some advice posts for people who might be in a similar situation. Also expect some general dicking around; you have been warned.

If anyone, on the off chance, is wondering who I am, here is a recent photograph:


But I ask you to please respect my true identity:


OK then, looks like we're ready to roll. Bookmark the page and refresh it 200 times a day. See y'all later!

0 comments:

Post a Comment